Sunday, June 9, 2013

Raw Banana Cream Pudding (No nuts!)

Generally, my husband is a great supporter of my cooking efforts.  Since I can count on the kids almost always complaining about something on their plate, I rely on Anthony to bolster my spirits with his gusto for the meal. When it comes to dessert, though, his palate leans toward the traditional fat and sugar laden kinds. If he suspects beans or dates, he's gone. Ironically, my healthier dessert creations are most popular with the kids.  Abiline loved this pudding treat I whipped up when I came home from church last week, famished because I had forgotten to pack any snacks for myself. She and I had a little girl date gobbling it up.  Little did she know she was eating a whole banana, my fruit-hating girl!


2 medium, ripe bananas (yellow, but not really spotty)
1/4 cup coconut butter
1/4 cup raw, shelled hemp seeds
2 tsp. vanilla extract

Place all of the ingredients in a high-powered blender or food processor (I used my Vitamix) and blend until completely smooth. This made two really fillings servings.  Try adding a tablespoon or two of cocoa powder for a chocolate version! Or double the recipe and fill a pie shell for banana cream pudding pie!

Let's hear it for pudding power!!!
 This recipe is linked to Slightly Indulgent Tuesdays Allergy Free Wednesdays Whole Foods Wednesdays Gluten-Free Wednesdays Raw Food Thursdays Wellness Weekend Healthy Vegan Fridays.

10 comments:

  1. Mmm! That consistency looks amazingly delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Allison...

    Just stopping by to let you know that I've nominated your for the Liebster Blog Award. Yeah...stop by my blog TheBigGiantFoodBasket to pick up and read about your award.
    Have a great day!!!
    XO Barbara

    WWW.biggiatfoodbasket.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delicious! You're right, this would make an incredible pie filling too! Would you like to come share this at Raw Foods Thursdays?

    http://www.glutenfreecat.com/2013/06/raw-foods-thursdays-61313/

    Hope to see you there!
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for linking up at RFT! I'm pinning it on our RFT board. Hope to see you back again soon!!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simple and easy to make. Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very interesting and informative blog and about the raw vegan and I must appreciate your work well done keep it up.
    raw vegan nutrition course

    ReplyDelete
  7. All your detail are very interesting and i will appreciate your all work.
    torkat kött

    ReplyDelete
  8. Most valuable and fantastic blog I really appreciate your work which you have done about the gewürzmischung,many thanks and keep it up.
    gewürzmischung

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really you blog have very interesting and very valuable information about the vegetable plants keep posting.
    vegetable plants

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your blog have a very helpful and so interesting about the food and cookies just well done.
    La Casa Alfajores

    ReplyDelete